Most buyers would look for honesty in their supplier as far as pricing is concerned. But how can a supplier be judged by only money criteria ? Do we select a doctor just because he is cheap or expensive ? Some would look for expensive choices as that makes them feel safer. For sure cheap is not the best it just more buying power for something that would eventually fail sooner than later. It may be unreliable as well with no after sales service.
But in all this we forget about presales service, quality of display print and after sales service that should also be considered as part of costing.
Now many of you may wonder what is presales service…
It’s most important part a buyer must look for !
Actually it means help in selecting right product suitable for your needs and not for your budget. It may be something costing much less than your budget or may be costing more but something that would be actually costing less with each use.
Presales would also include help in deciding not just delivery date but also delivery at least cost, and on time. As exhibitions usually last just for 2-4 days and even a day lost means lost opportunity and losing face.
I am dwelling on all this as for last 12 years I have been watching salesmen and women from few select companies selling high end products at very high or moderately high prices to secure their margins and commissions.
They often sell items totally unsuitable for the task , items that just look pretty but are not worth the price paid. Or most times installation is cumbersome and requires expertise.
While buying anything I would make sure that
- costing is reasonable and not necessarily cheapest.
- Seller has good on time delivery record.
- Seller tries to understand my requirement and suggests products suitable for my requirement.
- Seller gives assurance of after sales service , wherever possible. And inform upfront about non serviceability of products if any such products are sold by them.
- Informs me about the quality of graphics and choices and cost variations applicable if any.
- I on my part, I would be open to suggestions from supplier as he has better understanding of the products.
- Most products in display market are sold under generic names and may look alike but, may vary in quality as outer casing or shell is not quality but inner mechanism is.
click here for products sold by my company